Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Shining

Last year I decided to give Stephen King's novels a try. I read a handful of them and decided to try The Shining.  It's about an aspiring writer named Jack Torrance who has recently been fired from his job as a teacher for assaulting a student. He lands a job as a caretaker for the Overlook Hotel located in the Colorado Rockies. Jack moves into the isolated hotel with his wife, Wendy, and telepathic son, Danny.  Not long after moving into the hotel Danny begins to see terrifying images and ghosts that have to do with the hotel's violent past.
 The novel  wasn't as creepy as I thought it would be. It was actually very entertaining. I especially liked how King went into detail about the hotel's history. I love or hate any of the characters. Although I did have a soft spot for Danny. This was an excellent read and if you're thinking about getting into Stephen King this is the book to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment